Older livesets that are floating around online, collected

Yup yup, as may be becoming clear by now, I want to collect everything I've made that is online, whether it's meant to be or not, in this one place. So by the end of this, the day I made my blog, there will be approximately 6 fucking hours worth of my music....ugh!
You don't have to listen to it (all in one sitting) so relax!

This is a mix I did for (you guessed it!)!kaboogie in spring 2008. It's a live recording of a practise in preparation for a gig I did in 4 Dame Lane in Dublin supporting Boxcutter. It's fairly heavy and dubby, but not the most banging set ever.

March 2008 liveset

Next up is a recording (a very distorted recording) of myself and Scurvy Lass live at the 2008 Mantua Festival...which I have to say was one of the best gig experiences I've had, though again I had no soundcheck which resulted in it being a lot more distorted than it was meant to be. Luckily that didn't detract from it all! This was made to keep people moving violently and features lots of heavy beats and bass, and noise zithering.

Mantua 2008 liveset

This is the first proper liveset I made using Ableton Live, in 2007, for the first gig I did in Dublin of club music, again for !kaboogie, this time supporting Drop The Lime. It was also probably the first time I started experimenting with the techno 4/4 beat...this one starts spacey and ends pretty fast and hard.

Summer 2007 liveset

I think that about covers all the sets of mine online that are in any way worth listening to. There may be some of the same tunes in these mixes, or versions of the same tunes, but most of them reflect what I was working on at the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment