"Malinovska" - DEAF 2008 live set

For the Dublin Electronic Arts Festival last year I was asked to play in Andrew's Lane Theatre by !kaboogie. Other acts on the night were Ebola and Mad EP; earlier that evening in the same venue the legendary Nurse With Wound dazzled us with their multi-faceted sound blizzard.

Anyway due to some miscommunication with the sound engineer I never got the sound check I had specifically asked for, even though I was there for the whole day. Suffice to say it didn't go as well as it would have if I had been able to hear anything but bass...not my best gig, but one of my most ambitious. Here's the only recording I have of it, done a couple of days before at home. It's a bit rough around the edges but a lot of it is played in live...

Play it here

The structure of the set is based upon a vivid dream I had a few weeks before, with each track relating to a key moment in the plot. Attempts to describe the dream in words have failed; instead I give you the track names, which might give you an idea.

1. Mountain Walk
2. Native Reserve
3. Predicament
4. Bears!!!
5. Crawling Through Webs
6. Frozen Backpackers
7. The Being
8. The Tower (vocal and lyrics by Scurvy Lass)
9. Jinx
10."Malinovska! Malinovska!!!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment