Drawing on wall



I did this for A4 Sounds, an art/music collective who have put on some extremely fun gigs in Dublin and more recently Belfast, where this picture was taken. It's deliberately lacking in detail as I knew it was going to be transferred onto a wall in a skate park (with the aid of a projector). Lisa, a.k.a. iheartwillies and a couple of others spent a week doing all the hard work of transferring about 10 pictures onto the rough surfaced wall. Then we had a gig, at which myself, Kachanski, Rory St. John, Ronan Dunne (who still hasn't got any sort of website), Scurvy Lass and Jimmy the Hideous Penguin played, with our gear set up on the top of a half-pipe. Meanwhile coloured chalk was made available to the audience to colour in the murals as they wanted. Great craic!

I've only started drawing again recently, it's something I used to spend a lot of time doing as a kid but like nearly everything else I used to spend time doing, gave way to making noise. I tend to think in 3 dimensional terms moreso than 2-D so will be undertaking various attempts at sculpture in the coming months. I'll post pictures here as I know my legions of avid followers are dying to see photos of bits of wire stapled onto bits of wood. Fascinating stuff...for me, to make...for now the process tends to be more satisfying than the end result but I am planning on building various technologically enhanced kinetic sound sculptures...just need some money so I can buy loads of stuff from this shop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment