New Takeover Recordings release now available!


Takeover Recordings, the first label I had anything released on (in 2005, a track myself, thatboytim and redmonk produced called "Guilty Feat. Got No Rhythm" on the Lowslung EP), is back in digital form with Response Unit 1, a various artists EP. Techno and electro stylings are the order of the day from T-Polar, Rogue Frequency, The Parallel and Jay Riordan, though I see Juno have been kind not to use either of those words to catagorise the release. I wouldn't call my track electro or techno, so downbeat noise dub will have to do.

It's jiggy stuff that'll get a floor moving, which is exactly what "dance" music should do! Response Unit 1 is available to buy from Juno now. There'll be a Takeover/Nice & Nasty / Static Recordings showcase gig as part of DEAF on Thursday 29th October in Pygmalion, South William Street, Dublin 2 from 6 in the evening until 2.30am, free admission! Alongside everyone on this release (but myself) Rob Glennon, Toirse, thatboytim, Desy Balmer, Defekt, Sean Mac and Daire Delmar will be playing live or DJ'ing. Shapin' up to be a wicked festival!

0 comments:

Post a Comment