What I've been working on this week

Safety Bubble in Invisibility Mode

This is a live recording of an improvisation I did yesterday with the feedback system I've made using Ableton as a mixer and several effects units and loop samplers. As such there is no input, with amplified line noise from the effects output being fed back through itself, which creates different types of sound depending on the effect in question and EQ settings. If you've got a subwoofer or big speakers things should start rattling all over the place at high volumes.

I've spent the last few days setting this up in such a way that I can control nearly everything without having to touch the computer. The plan is to get really good at controlling the signals, learn to play the effects as instruments, record record record and afterwards arrange and edit the results down to something interesting.

The name refers to a product that surrounds the body, keeping other people at a safe distance, which has a transparency control. As far as I know no such product exists but until one is made available I'm going to make do with my reticence and disinterest skills to achieve the same result!

0 comments:

Post a Comment