Kaboogie: Rapidfirebuzzer EP

Yes yes and yes, it's finally here: the third !kaboogie 12" hits the shops today and sounds a bit like this:

KBG003 Rapidfirebuzzer EP by kaboogiemusic

The record features tracks by Mad EP, Sarsparilla, The Banker and myself. My track, "Playtime", had a difficult birth: its conception in May 2009 as the lovechild of an aging Powerbook and an overly demanding version of Ableton Live led to complications in the writing procedure.

Over 10 operations later left Playtime a withered mess. Attempts to inject some life into it through high-tech mastering techniques failed. Thankfully the record was delayed due to a number of reasons beyond my control, giving me time to put the track under the knife again, which involved a tricky Logic -> Live transplant. The high risk involved in this paid off I think, and having played this baby out at a fair few gigs, it gets people hyper. Which would make its parents proud...

0 comments:

Post a Comment