Some music I've been doing recently...

Withering Zithering - Idle-ising by Ed Devane

A little jam with my zither, a malfunctioning phrase sampler and some reverb, and a seriously malfunctioning 80's Soundcraft mixing desk I recorded last week while trying to write something for the SSTN String Series. This is me just messing around, but it sounds alright. I'll be making something a lot more layered and "composed" this week under the Withering Zithering moniker, which will probably sound very different to this.

JMT vs. ED by Ed Devane

While working on a mix for DJ Welfare's Welfare Clinic show on Radio Na Life a couple of weeks ago I searched the archives for material I could use / re-use. I have hours and hours of recordings of John Mary Trilogy jams for a couple of years ago which alone will never see the light of day due to the overall quality of the recordings (and music).

That said it's a fertile picking ground for interesting textures, rhythms and noises, and the above is an example of what I could throw together in 20 minutes with the addition of some beats taken from a minute long, abandoned attempt at drum 'n' bass made in 2003. The radio mix should be online in the next few days, link on its way.

Fyed-jam-2a 4-06-10 by FYED

Finally got around to jamming with Fyodor for our FYED noise / electro-acoustic / hearing damage project. I used a little motor-powered air fan bought that day in Maplins, a telephone/ magnetic coil pick-up for input and an effect feedback ensemble in Ableton Live, and he used a turntable, loopers and effects. Plans are afoot for gigs and releases over the summer.

While not in Wexford over the last few weeks (supposedly putting the finishing touches to my next release on Takeover Recordings - "Room Full of Empty People" EP) I had a few jams with Kachanski, Rory St. John, Ronan Dunne and Dubreak in the space we started renting recently. Sound samples coming soon.



0 comments:

Post a Comment