New sound design

Catch by Ed Devane

Caught by Ed Devane

Reat beepeat by Ed Devane



I'm working on a new liveset, making good use of the power my new laptop gives me. I'm using feedback processes and my zither exclusively to make new sounds, and here are some examples. Ableton has slowly but surely overtaken Logic as my main sound design / composition tool, partly out of necessity (all my recent tunes have grown out of live sets made in Live) and partly because of the ease of the whole process.

I'm not saying these are pieces of music as they were made through somewhat random techniques...but I think they sound nice and who knows, maybe you will too. "Catch" and "Caught" are versions of the same sounds, and Reet BeepEat is some layered loops of distortion feedback (which have since become My Best Rave Sound Ever).

For anyone who might be frustrated by all this noise and want to hear some beats, don't worry...I'm working on new tracks and will be playing gigs again from January onwards, so I'll have a new proper liveset up here soon enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment